Courtney Birnbaum focuses her practice on general corporate, commercial and transactional matters. With over 20 years of experience representing a range of businesses at various stages of their lifecycle, she handles start-up, structuring, restructuring and governance matters, financing, and commercial transactions, as well as day to day legal and contract matters.
Courtney enjoys functioning as a de facto in house counsel. She brings a business-oriented perspective to her legal work, informed by her Master’s of Business Administration, a Bachelor’s degree with concentrations in Finance and Accounting, and a Master’s degree in Corporate Law. She works closely with owners, financiers and executives on a daily basis and helps identify needs and document and implement practical structures, agreements and policies that meet her client’s business objectives.
Representative Areas of Engagement
- Joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Mergers and acquisitions, divestiture, and dissolution
- Business structuring and growth financing arrangements
- Real estate (commercial and residential, transactional and leasing)
- Intellectual property (licensing and transactional)
- Fashion, jewelry and retail-related agreements and transactions, including consignment arrangements
Education & Honors
- Fordham University School of Law, LL.M.
- New England School of Law, J.D.. cum laude
- The American University, M.B.A.
- Case Western Reserve University, B.S.
Prior Work Experience
- Phillips Nizer LLP
- Cohen Tauber Spievack & Wagner P.C.
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey