Courtney L. Birnbaum, of Counsel in the Corporate Department, advises business and individual clients on contract, transactional and other day-to-day matters bringing a business-oriented perspective to the work, informed by 23 years of experience, an M.B.A. in Finance and Management and an LL.M. in Corporate Law.
Courtney represents companies and entrepreneurs throughout the life cycle of their businesses. She advises on start-up, structure, operations and governance, and handles contracts, mergers and acquisitions, financing, asset transfers, real estate purchase, sale and leasing, and intellectual property matters. She also assists executives with keeping policies, documentation, agreements, and legal structures in order. Among Courtney’s clients are personal services organizations as well as businesses in involved in finance, media, real estate, and professional services. In addition, she has significant experience representing jewelry clients in some of their most important matters, including product development, sales and consignments to U.S. and Canadian retailers.
Representative Areas of Engagement:
- Business structuring, governance and finance
- Mergers and acquisitions, divestiture, and dissolution
- Real estate (commercial and residential, transactional and leasing)
- Intellectual property (licensing and transactional)
- Jewelry and retail-related agreements and transactions, including consignment arrangements
Education & Honors
- Fordham University School of Law, LL.M.
- New England School of Law, J.D.. cum laude
- The American University, M.B.A.
- Case Western Reserve University, B.S.
Prior Work Experience
- Phillips Nizer LLP
- Cohen Tauber Spievack & Wagner P.C.
- State of New York
- State of New Jersey