Diana J. Lee
Diana J. Lee has a multi-faceted transactional real estate practice drawing from her experience working in the private and public sectors. Her clients are diverse and include private developers as well as not-for-profit institutions such as major social service agencies and health care organizations. The kinds of projects she has been involved with include:
- Converting thousands of units from rentals into cooperative ownership and representing sponsors in the sale of unsold units
- Representing developers and property owners in new construction and conversion into condominium projects
- Representing not-for-profit corporations in their development projects, including in acquisitions, financing through unique public financing programs which involve numerous City and State agencies, leasing (including ground leasing), construction contracts and regulatory issues
- Representing not-for-profits health care facilities or large social service agencies that have affordable, senior and supportive housing components.
Diana is a trusted advisor to her not-for-profit clients on corporate and real estate matters. Her clients value her practical and cost-effective approach to consummating transactions and resolving issues.
- Instrumental in developing financing programs for primary care facilities, including through legislative action, and representing a lender in their various programs, including tax-exempt bond financings.
- Served as developer’s counsel on affordable, senior and supportive housing projects with experience in tax abatement, inclusionary housing and other City and State programs.
- Served as not-for-profit land owner’s counsel in removing restrictions from prior transactions, negotiating an option to purchase adjacent property, ground leasing site to a developer for development of a market rate and affordable housing project which will include a condominium unit to serve as headquarters for the not-for-profit
- Trustee, The Brooklyn Charter School
- On Session of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
- Co-Chair and a Director, The YWCA of Brooklyn
- Board member of Not-for-Profit Finance Fund
- Board Member, Asian Americans for Equality
- Founding Board member, Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund
- One of Legal Services NYC’s Top 25 Pro Bono Advocates of 2015