Maureen Monaghan advises and assists businesses with state and federal tax issues, with a particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and commercial matters. Her experience includes:
- Federal and state individual, business and corporate taxation
- International tax treaties
- Corporate reorganizations
- State and local sales tax
- Taxation of cross-border business transactions and investments
- Tax exempt and charitable organizations
- U.S. and international tax compliance
Maureen also represents clients in tax controversies, including administrative audits and appeals and voluntary disclosure matters, and matters before the U.S. Tax Court. In addition, she helps foreign businesses structure their U.S. market entry and business expansion, whether through direct investments, partnerships and joint venture operations or licensing, manufacturing and distribution arrangements. She also has a particular facility for advising charitable and other tax-exempt organizations on the application process and corporate structuring.
Maureen is fluent in German and conversational in French.
- International Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
Education & Honors
- New York University School of Law, LL.M. in Taxation
- Fordham University School of Law, J.D.
- Columbia University, B.A.
Prior Work Experience
- Fox Rothschild LLP
- New York