Robin E. Silverman
Ms. Silverman’s practice involves a variety of intellectual property litigation and counseling and the negotiation and drafting of various documents in the media, entertainment, merchandising, hospitality and online fields. She counsels and litigates in a wide range of areas, including intellectual property, theft of ideas, licensing and unfair competition. She advises clients on acquisitions of intellectual property portfolios, First Amendment issues, privacy and publicity rights, trademark, copyright, “fair use” and internet questions, music rights and advertising issues; and she conducts prepublication review of news and entertainment content.
- Ongoing management of intellectual property portfolios for various media companies.
- Representation of television celebrities and celebrity chefs in business development, merchandising, licensing and literary rights transactions.
- Responsible for negotiation of intellectual property provisions and preparation of intellectual property-related documents in a variety of corporate transactions, including the representation of buyers and sellers in acquisitions and sales of various specialty magazines, software and media products.
- Ongoing counseling and preparation of transactional documents for a variety of entities.
- Development and execution of trademark enforcement policy for television celebrities.
- Ongoing review of advertising and packaging for various consumer product companies.
- Preparation of talent and personality rights agreements for various agencies and production companies.
- Ongoing counseling of internet media companies on issues relating to music rights and other content appearing on their sites.
- Preparation of Endorsement and Influencer agreements
- Chair, Intellectual Property Law Section Committee on Transactions, New York State Bar Association
- Delegate of the Intellectual Property Law Section to the New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates.