Sarah Kaehler is a partner in Golenbock’s corporate group. Sarah advises private equity firms, portfolio companies, venture capital funds, and private companies around the world on complex transactions, including cross-border mergers, buyouts, spinouts, carve-outs and divestitures. Sarah also focuses her practice on complex secondaries transactions, in addition to co-investments and growth equity investments.
Sarah is the Secretary of the Corporation Law Committee of the New York City Bar. She also serves on the Board of Directors of the Howard Law Class of 2010 Endowment Fund.
Sarah received her J.D., cum laude, from Howard University School of Law, where she was a member of the Howard Law Journal, served as a Dean’s Fellow in the Legal Research & Writing Department, and as a student attorney for the Criminal Justice Clinic. She received her B.A. from Hamline University.
Received the 2019 Pro Bono Publico Award from The Legal Aid Society in October 2019.
Corporate & Private Equity Transactions*
- Archaea Energy LLC in its acquisition of PEI Power LLC
- Brent R. Nicklas, as founder, non-executive chairman and majority shareholder of Lexington Partners L.P., in Lexington’s $1.75 billion sale to Franklin Templeton Investments
- Brightwood Capital in connection with the acquisition of the following companies by financial sponsors:
- InHealth MD
- Jenny Craig
- Brookfield Asset Management Ltd. in its acquisition of the Private Equity Solutions secondaries business from DWS Alternatives Global Ltd
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunities Fund L.P. in the sale of the interests in Luminex Corporation
- Durational Capital Management, GIC and The Jordan Company in their acquisition of Bojangles’ Inc.
- JP Morgan Chase in its acquisition of The Infatuation, Inc.
- Northleaf Capital in its investments in:
- Material Sciences Corporation
- Meridian Waste Corporation
- Siemens Financial Services in its co-investment in the acquisition by Colony Capital sponsored DataBank of data center assets from Zayo Group Holdings
- Susquehanna Growth Equity in its acquisition of a majority state in MediSpend
- Vivial Corporation in connection with its recapitalization by Kennedy Lewis Investment Partners
- Vivial Media Holdings, Inc. in its sale to Thryv Holdings, Inc.
- Vivial Media Holdings Inc. (f/k/a Vivial Media LLC) (a portfolio company of Blackstone Credit) and its subsidiary mGage in the $215 million sale of mGage to Kaleyna, Inc.
Asset Manager Transactions*
- Apollo in a single asset transaction regarding Ingenio LLC
- Enhanced Healthcare Partners in connection a confidential single asset transaction
- ICG Strategic Equity in the fund recapitalizations of:
- Acon Partners
- Southern Cross Group
- Quadriga Capital
- ICG Strategic Equity in a single asset transaction involving DigiCert
- Northleaf Capital in a single asset transaction involving SSP Innovation Holdings
- Northleaf Capital in the fund recapitalization of DFW Capital Partners
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Golenbock.
Education & Honors
- Howard University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Hamline University, B.A.
Prior Work Experience
- Weil Gotshal & Manges LLP
- Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
- Jones Day
- Goodwin Procter LLP
- Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- New York State