Michael M. Munoz
Michael has over a dozen years of experience as a commercial litigator, representing clients in all stages of litigation, including pre-litigation strategy, mediation, arbitration, trial and appeals. Michael has appeared in cases in state and federal courts throughout the country, and has represented clients in cases with international aspects as well.
- Lead counsel securing unanimous jury verdict in dispute over title to property
- Lead counsel in litigation asserting ownership interest in real property on Long Island; obtained highly favorable settlement for plaintiff midway through trial
- Currently lead counsel representing major public relations firm in internet harassment case
- Lead counsel in obtaining successful settlement for sports nutrition company in product warranty litigation against ingredient supplier
- Represented Hong-Kong based hedge fund in litigation against major international bank over credit default swap
- Currently representing a plaintiff in claims against Knoedler Gallery, in connection with the high-profile sale of fake art at Knoedler
- Lead counsel in obtaining successful settlement for lender in litigation over personal guaranty
- Represented company in obtaining judgment against prominent attorney and pursuing post-judgment discovery and recovery efforts
- Lead counsel defending major public relations firm against claims for breach of contract and fraud; successfully obtained dismissal of most claims and case was resolved prior to the completion of discovery
- Represented chapter 11 trustee of major construction firm in multiple adversary proceedings
- Lead counsel in defeating summary judgment action on a note instituted by an attorney against his former client
- Sole litigation counsel representing client in dispute over Singapore entity
- Representation of target of discovery in aid of judicial proceeding in Luxembourg
- Michael is the chair of the board of Quinn Madeleine Inc., a non-profit 501(c)(3) corporation that seeks to raise awareness of the micro-rare terminal genetic disease Niemann-Pick Disease, Type A, funds research into genetic diseases and provides support to families of children with terminal genetic diseases.
- Michael serves on the Vestry at St. John’s Episcopal Church in Pleasantville, New York.
- Listed among Super Lawyers (2016-2022)