In unearthing fraud and assisting its victims, we are creative, aggressive, and relentless.
Our Complex Business Fraud Litigation Group takes a proactive, prosecutorial, and strategic approach to a broad range of business and professional misconduct matters, focusing on investment fraud and Ponzi-type schemes that result in business insolvencies.
Whether representing a fiduciary or private party, we focus on using our multi-disciplinary experience in litigation, law enforcement, bankruptcy, and securities to investigate and, when necessary, litigate, in order to achieve the highest recovery possible for the victims of the fraud. Our background in law enforcement enables us to work cooperatively with regulatory and criminal authorities to pursue all avenues of recovery. Our bankruptcy experience enables us to effectively navigate the bankruptcy process.
Our extensive experience enables us to make an early assessment of costs and strategies, and, where possible, we bring cases to a successful conclusion before they grow into lengthy, costly battles.
When undertaking fraud investigations, we examine all potential wrongdoers who may have some exposure to liability to the victims of the fraud. We have a successful record of identifying and obtaining recovery for fraud victims from many different sources, including banks, insurance companies, brokerage firms, professionals, and others who may have in some way facilitated or profited from the fraud.
- Asserted multiple claims against individuals, professional firms, insurance companies and financial institutions on behalf of Chapter 11 trustee, and to date have recovered in excess of $120 million for victims of a Ponzi scheme.
- Represented SEC Receiver of bank in suits against banks and brokerage firms arising out of a restricted stock scheme, resulting in the recovery of more than $20 million for victims.
- Obtained a 100% recovery for creditors of a bankrupt, no-asset, auto dealership group on behalf of a bankruptcy trustee through assertion of claims based on vigorous forensic review of bank records and examinations of former principals and other parties.
- Represented investor group in litigation involving fraudulent conveyance of artworks.
- Represented Trustee of post-confirmation Liquidation Trust in investigation and pursuit of fraud and other claims owned by the Trusts to recover more than $317 million for victims.