Scott Yakaitis has experience in a variety of litigation and arbitration matters including white-collar (both civil and criminal); internal investigations; complex commercial, intellectual property, internet-related statutory matters; and matters involving the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). Scott has researched and drafted court filings, legal briefs, and cease and desist letters, as well as argued motions and participated in settlement negotiations and depositions.
- A successful civil white-collar litigation – conducted investigations of client and third-party finances, assisted in taking depositions, coordinated with criminal litigation team, drafted numerous motions and performed substantial legal research.
- TCPA litigations – on multiple matters, served as lead attorney on settlement negotiations, took depositions of plaintiffs, provided advice and counsel directly to clients, and managed all aspects of discovery process
- Representation of aeronautics company in connection with major FCPA internal investigation – responsible for factual analysis and making presentations to clients. First and second chaired interviews of internal and external personnel. Assisted in drafting review protocols for attorneys. Drafted correspondence to investigatory agencies.
- Trademark and other Lanham Act infringements – Coordinated and drafted all discovery. Drafted motions and briefings on a variety of issues including motions to compel, oppositions to stay, opposition to motion to dismiss, and motion for expedited discovery, as well as argued some of the above motions. Drafted complaints. Coordinated private investigation team and follow up research. Coordinated with state Attorneys General and FCC.
- New York Metro Rising Stars – 2022-2023